Monday, August 29, 2011

Mad Dash to Florida


One of the reasons why I didn't have time to update my blog was that I had to make a quick trip back to the states for the celebration of the life of my grandfather, who had recently passed on to be with the Lord. Although it is sad to say goodbye to someone you love SO much, it is hard to not be happy for them to be with God and finally have ultimate peace and joy. I was able to contact Red Cross and get a profile number to use when I went to the military passenger terminal to sign up for a military hop. Since Papa isn't my "immediate" family they don't typically allow emergency leave, but the Sargent in charge of the terminal was gracious enough to give it to me and I was at the top of the list to be chosen for the next flight to South Carolina! That day a flight was diverted into Spangdahlem with plenty of room for passengers, thankfully Daryl bought me a sleeping bag and I got to rest some on the floor of the plane. The whole trip and how it turned out perfectly was an answer to prayer!!
FOOD! sandwich, soda, water, candy and chips for only $5!
some of the cargo...and people.
unloading cargo.
                                                   
The ceiling!!


We weren't the only passengers, there were 17 marines and their IED sniffing dogs on their way home from 7 months in Afganistan. This was the sweetest thing I have ever seen =)

This guy looks just like my Charlie.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your G-pa, but glad you got BACK home, too! :)

    ReplyDelete