Thursday, July 21, 2011

Weeds, weeds, and more weeds

So for those of you who don't know, I LOATHE weeding. LOATHE IT! It was punishment back when I was in high school and we did quite frequently to just keep the place spruced up. The house that Daryl and I have picked out has this wonderfully, large, stone terrace, of course it is covered in weeds. Not just little bitty weeds, but the ones that grow an inch a day! (slight exaggeration). The landlord said it was supposed to have been cleaned before it was even showed, but that just didn't happen...I'm really not that surprised. And of course the one to pull the weeds is the one who is at home, and of course that happens to be me. Of course! And of course the only gloves available to me (at the moment) are ones left by previous tenants and there are two gloves to choose from...both for the left hand! Of course! So I choose the one that is leather and not full of  spider webs =) I decided it would be in the best interest of my fingers to spread this chore between a couple of days. As of now I am a little more than half way through! You will see a final product picture in a few days.

Here is one of the many ginormous weeds!

We had a lot of rain right after we moved in and the weeds seemed to multiply and grow in just a matter of days.
  

The weeds are not the extent of adventures in our new yard; we have moles...moles! The dogs have decided to take it upon themselves to root them out, which I am not too happy about. We now have several holes to fill. Sigh.....

I know my photography isn't too good, but at least you kinda can see the hole.


On a lighter note we do have some pretty wild flowers...only they are behind a wall. Oh well, they make me smile =)

Check back soon! I will try to post every other day. The movers are going to be here tomorrow (hooray!) so you will get to see the house unfold from boxes to decorating and eventually painting. I LOVE decorating and have several wonderful ideas in mind, so keep checking for new things. 
Lots of Love!




1 comment: